This meal is perfect to have around families and friends! Get your loved ones involved in making this healthy delicious meal. This recipe is not only easy, but it’s so quick to prep and delicious as always!!
This amazing recipe is made possible by none other than Azizi at Heartisan Gourmet.
If you like what Azizi creates for you and wanna see more, giver her a follow on her Instagram @livinherwild. She also provides a program for your kids to learn how to eat healthy, check it on Instagram @tinygreenchef.
Now that you got your veggies what are you waiting for. Let’s get cookin’!
- 1 beet
- 1 cup red rice, cooked
- 1 cup walnuts, or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds (optional)
- 2 teaspoon salt
Favorite burger toppings
- Add all burger ingredients to a food processor and blend until a chunky paste form. Add more cooked rice if it isn’t thick enough. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- If baking, oil a pan and spoon the patty mixture onto this pan. It will be soft but will firm up when baked. Place in the oven at 180c for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow them to cook so they stiffen more before removing.
- If pan-frying, add 1 tablespoon oil to a frying pan and fry each side on medium-high for about 5 minutes. Gently remove from the pan and add to lettuce or buns and top with favorite burger toppings.