Do you love breakfast but don’t have the most time in the morning to make it? Today we have another solution for you. This easy breakfast burrito can be made ahead and frozen for later so not only for breakfast, but this recipe is quick and easy to make even on a busy night. Everyone loves it and you can customize the taste too.
Without any further due, let’s jump into the recipe!
- 6 flour tortillas cooked or warmed
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb chopped ham, sausage, or bacon
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheese
- Salt and Pepper
More Breakfast Burrito fillings (optional)
- 2 cups pinto beans or black beans
- 1 cup mushrooms sautéed
- 1 cup zucchini sautéed
- 1 onion finely diced and sautéed
- 2 plum tomatoes diced
- 1 Bell pepper diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes diced
HOW TO MAKE IT
- Warm flour tortillas in the oven or microwave.
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook preferred breakfast meat. If using diced ham, use a little oil or cooking spray in the pan before heating. Remove meat from the skillet and set aside. If using sausage or bacon, drain grease from the pan leaving a little in the pan for cooking the vegetables (optional) and the eggs. Sautée vegetables in 1 tablespoon of cooking oil or remaining bacon or sausage grease (optional). Remove everything from the skillet and set aside.
- Add egg mixture and stir until eggs are scrambled and cooked through.
- Prepare your burritos by adding eggs, cheese, meat, and any other ingredients onto each tortilla.
- Roll each tortilla into a burrito and serve with toppings.
TO FREEZE: Wrap each tortilla in plastic wrap or foil. Place in a resealable plastic freezer bag or plastic container with a lid. Freeze for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave: Remove plastic wrap and wrap the burrito in a paper towel. Cook for 4-6 minutes on high, turning once. Reheat in the oven: Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
source: favfamilyrecipes.com by EMILY WALKER