Easy Homemade Tuna Poke Bowl
Have you tried Tuna Poke Bowl before? This Hawaiian fish salad may look intimidating, but it’s very easy to make at home. Shout out to Jessica Gavin who shares this amazing recipe with us. Visit her page and be sure to try her recipes at home!
- 1 pound tuna poke, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¾ teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- ⅓ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds, plus more for garnish
- 2 cups brown rice, or white rice, cooked
- 2 cups salad greens
- Wash the rice under running water and cook it according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine ahi tuna, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, crushed red pepper flakes, green onions, and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate covered for up to 2 hours before serving. Toss to recombine in the sauce before serving.
- Add cooked rice, salad, poke, and desired toppings to each bowl.
- Additional Toppings: Avocado, shredded carrots, sliced cucumber, pickled ginger, wasabi, crab meat, tobiko, togarashi, furikake, dried seaweed, seaweed salad.
- Substitute tamari for soy sauce if you need a wheat-free alternative.
- You can cut cubes of firm tofu and marinate for at least 30 minutes before serving if you’re looking for a vegetarian protein.