Potato Skin Chip Recipe
As a consciously sourced local business, we are always looking for ways to reduce our waste and reduce our environmental impact, and one of our favorite ways to do that is through cooking.
Today, we want to share with you a recipe that not only tastes amazing but also utilizes a part of the potato that is often discarded – the skin! These potato skin chips are crispy, flavorful, and a great way to reduce food waste in your kitchen. So grab your potatoes and let’s get cooking!
- 5 oz (140 grams) potato peels (from about 6 medium potatoes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF/200ºC. Line a large baking sheet with non stick paper.
- Wash potato skins to remove excess starch.
- Dry potato peels with kitchen paper. Then combine in a bowl with oil and salt.
- Spread out evenly onto prepare baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, check and move peels around, return to oven for 5-10 more minutes.
- Check after 5 minutes. Remove from the oven when all peels are crisp.
- Serve warm, piled up in a bowl.